Create a LASTING LEGACY with Your Planned Gift
Meet your personal financial goals while making a lasting difference for our community’s animals! If you love animals and want to leave your legacy in support of our animal shelter, consider the many ways you can enjoy tax and income benefits while helping to further our mission:
Make a Tax-Free Donation from Your IRA
Would you like to take a distribution from your IRA tax-free? Retirees age 70 1/2 years and older can donate up to $100,000 tax-free from their IRA each year. Generally, a distribution from your IRA is treated as taxable income. Under this provision, the assets are excluded from income if the distribution is made directly to charity!
Gift of Real Estate or Land
Would you like to earn income for life? By donating estate or land (a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property), continue using the property throughout your lifetime, establish an income stream, and avoid capital gains taxes while receiving immediate charitable income tax.
Charitable Gift Annuity
Are you looking for secure, future income? When you make your gift of cash or appreciated property to the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs, we can pay you fixed payments for life (with rates based on your age). You will receive a charitable deduction for the value of your gift and a portion of your payments could be tax-free!
Make a future gift today! Include the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs in your will or trust. Once your bequest is made, contact our office so that we can recognize and thank you for your commitment to leaving your legacy to help us continue to help our community’s animals today, tomorrow and for generations to come!
Other Ways of Making a Planned Gift:
Gifts of Stocks and Bonds – donate securities, including stocks or bonds.
Gifts of Retirement Assets – donate part or all of your unused retirement assets such as a gift from your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plans.
Gifts of Insurance – give a gift of your life insurance policy. If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your insurance policy. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.
How To Get Started
- Prepare a will or trust, or if you already have one, update it. Don’t forget to leave a gift in your will/trust for the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs.
- Name the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs as a beneficiary in your insurance, retirement or pension plans.
- Give a gift of stock or appreciated assets to the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs.
How Planned Giving Benefits YOU
- There can be potential income and estate tax benefits by putting the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs in your will or trust.
- If the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs is listed as a beneficiary on your taxable retirement account – the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs would not pay taxes on their gifted portion.
- By leaving a gift to the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs you can ensure that we can continue to provide shelter and care to our community’s animals into the future!
How To Prepare Your Estate Plans
Here’s how to list the Humane Society of Pagosa Springs in your estate plans (using the correct information will ensure that 100% of your gift will go to local animals in need):
LEGAL NAME: The Humane Society of Pagosa Springs
ADDRESS: 279 Pagosa Street, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
TAX ID #: 74-2350919
Talk with your financial adviser, attorney, or accountant to determine which mechanism of giving would work best for you. The information presented above is not intended as legal or tax advice. For further information or to make your plans known please contact: Robson Reyes, Executive Director at 970-264-5549.
Comment by 12-15-21